Senior Interior Designer
Location: Northcote Road, Clapham Junction, London
We are looking to take on a Senior Interior designer with amazing / mind-blowing / jaw dropping conceptual skills to join our London studio.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful retail environment design and rollout projects. This person will be well versed in best practice design for retail whilst also being able to generate new retail patterns that challenge the norm. This person also needs to understand experiential design and how to craft an excellent customer experience.
At TYC we follow the full design process which requires a broad skill set for each stage of the project life cycle; from research and immersion through to concept design, technical design and rollout.
This is a client facing role that requires the person to be able to engage and manage clients in a proactive manner. There will be regular client meetings and site visits, however the day to day will be conducted in our office in London. The person will be required to document meetings, produce presentations and create all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard.
Working as part of a team, the person will be expected to work with occasional guidance from our Director of Interiors and Creative Director but will also be supported by other senior and junior members of the team from time to time. We expect this person to be completely self sufficient in terms of working on the project and generating project deliverables. This person must be able to lead small teams and deliver projects confidently without micromanagement support from the Director of Interiors.
We are looking for someone who is up to date with new trends, materials, finishes and manufacturing methods.
The right person for this role will need to be able to tick the following boxes:
- Wants to work equally on massive brands and small start-up projects
- Can think, and demonstrate that they can think differently
- Is a demon sketcher and isn't afraid to put pen to paper
- Understands the challenge facing bricks & mortar and the potential of cross-channel retailing opportunities
- Knows about latest technologies and understands that innovation isn't sticking in an iPad
- Brings creative intelligence to the table
- Is a great verbal communicator and has experience of standing in front of clients and presenting to the big cats
- Has the experience of working with, leading, and getting the best out of a team of designers
- Wants to have fun with design and see their own visions become a reality (in 10 years we've designed over 1,000 projects of which over 800 have been built)
Specific skills required for the role:
- Outstanding client liaison and management skills
- Taking client briefs and translating in to project requirements
- Facilitating and running both client and team meetings / workshops
- Expert ability to produce all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard
- Good leadership skills including ability to confidently buddy and mentor more junior members of the team in their design career
- Good project management skills including time management and production planning of personal workload and workload of more junior members and project teams (graphics design, web production teams)
- Excellent idea and concept generation abilities
- Leveraging knowledge and science of retail to establish successful concepts
- Excellent story telling skills supported by great storyboarding, writing and creation of presentations using Adobe InDesign (CS6)
- Excellent 3D environment sketching
- Excellent ability to create visual design concepts and finalising through design development
- Good ability to communicate of ideas, concepts and rationale
- Up to date knowledge of trends, materials, finishes, manufacturing methods etc
- Confident to review and sign off interiors production work for projects
- Very capable use of MS Office
- Expert user in Vectorworks Architect (2018)
- Outstanding rendering skills using both Adobe Creative Cloud and Renderworks (2018)
- Punctual, great personality and a presentable sense of style.
TYC is a boutique Strategic Retail Design agency. We have a team of the best designers in the industry and believe in a good work-life balance. We design a weirdly-wonderful collection of projects, love our clients and have won 8 awards last two years alone!
- 2:1 or higher Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or similar
Outstanding references (preferably from the big boy agencies in London) and a stunning portfolio are expected.