Senior Interior Designer
Location: London Bridge, London, SE1 3ER
Salary: Competitive + Pension + Lifestyle Benefits
We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer with a proven track record of successful environment design and rollout projects to join our team. This person will be well versed in best practice design for retail, hospitality and F&B whilst also being able to generate new patterns that challenge the norm. This person also needs to understand experiential design and how to craft an excellent customer experience.
At TYC we follow the full design process which requires a broad skill set for each stage of the project life cycle; from research and immersion through to concept design, technical design and rollout.
This is a client facing role that requires the person to be able to engage and manage clients in a proactive manner. There will be regular client meetings and site visits, however the day to day will be conducted in our office in London. The person will be required to document meetings, produce presentations and create all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard.
Working as part of a team, the person will be expected to work with occasional guidance from our Director of Interiors and Creative Director but will also be supported by other senior and junior members of the team from time to time. We expect this person to be completely self-sufficient in terms of working on the project and generating project deliverables. This person must be able to lead small teams and deliver projects confidently without micromanagement support from the Director of Interiors.
We are looking for someone who is up to date with new trends, materials, finishes and manufacturing methods.
The right person for this role will need to be able to tick the following boxes:
- Wants to work across massive brands and small start-up projects
- Can think, and demonstrate, that they can think differently
- Is a demon sketcher and isn't afraid to put pen to paper
- Understands the challenge facing bricks & mortar and the potential of cross-channel opportunities
- Knows about the latest technologies and can innovate
- Brings creative intelligence to the table
- Is a great verbal communicator and has experience of standing in front of clients and presenting to the big cats
- Has the experience of working with, leading and getting the best out of a team of designers
- Enjoys design/innovation/creativity and wishes to see their visions become a reality.
Specific skills required for the role:
- Good leadership skills including ability to confidently buddy and mentor more junior members of the team in their design career
- Outstanding client liaison, communication and management skills
- Facilitating and running client and team meetings / workshops
- Good project management skills including time management and project planning of personal workload, workload of more junior members and project teams (inclusive of internal teams and external teams)
- Confident to review and sign off project work
- Expert ability to produce all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard
- Excellent time keeping and punctual
- Great personality and a presentable sense of style.
- Taking client briefs and translating into project requirements
- Excellent idea and concept generation abilities
- Excellent story telling skills supported by great storyboarding, writing and creation of presentations using Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent 3D environment sketching and creation of visual design concepts and finalising through design development
- Good ability to communicate ideas, concepts and rationale
- Up to date knowledge of trends, materials, finishes, manufacturing methods etc
- Leveraging knowledge and science of customer experience to establish successful concepts.
- Very capable use of Microsoft Office
- Expert user of architectural modeling software packages: Vectorworks (Architect, Renderworks) and Cinema 4D
- Outstanding finishing and retouching skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent technical design knowledge and skills to deliver design intent detail drawing packs
- Very capable of working with and coordinating 3rd party consultants as part of the client/project build team
- Expert ability to perform design management role and associated deliverables (reviewing and signing off of contractor rod drawings, conducting site visits etc).
- 2:1 or higher Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or similar
- Outstanding references and a stunning portfolio are expected.
If this sounds like you then please hit 'Apply' below and send your portfolio and C.V. to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Senior Interior Designer'.
Our application process doesn’t involve any tick box exercises. Quality outweighs quantity, please keep the file size below 10mb.
Applications open// 9am Friday 1st April 2022
Applications close// 5.30pm Friday 15th April 2022.