TYC Job Roles
LOCATION: London Bridge, London, SE1 3ER
SALARY: 21K+ Pension + Lifestyle Benefits
We have a very exciting opportunity for a self-starting Studio Assistant to join our creative team on a permanent, full time basis. The Studio Assistant will support the business with the day to day running of the studio and will gain unparalleled exposure to the ins and outs of running a profitable, award winning design company in London.
The open-plan studio space is a vibrant and busy place to work with lots of creativity and collaboration. We are part of a wider group which brings excellent learning and career development opportunities through our Learning Management System and Learning and Development Team.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude that is happy to turn their hand to absolutely anything to keep the studio organised and running smoothly. We are looking for someone who is personable, hands on and uses their initiative. They must have good attention to detail and feel confident to ask questions and work closely with all members of the team.
The weighting of the key elements of the role are as follows: Studio assistant (70%), Receptionist & Front of House (30%).
The Studio Assistant role will involve:
- Answering phone and transferring calls / passing on messages as appropriate
- Distributing incoming mail / parcels as well as arranging outbound post, packages and couriers
- Responding to phone and email queries and forwarding to colleagues as required
- Manage the meeting rooms diary (client meetings, team reviews etc.)
- Supporting with event organisation (client entertainment events and office events (such as Christmas Party, staff socials)
- Organising and booking travel arrangements (cabs, flights, accommodation etc.)
- General facilities support (calling and booking in suppliers, supporting with office maintenance)
- Induction of new starters and capture of relevant HR documents
- Filing and document control
- Managing, monitoring and recording holiday requests and holiday calendar (we use Gmail)
- Managing the sickness and absence calendar
- Managing the professional development calendar and being a team advocate of the Learning Management System
- Managing the timesheet and project planning system for new joiners and new projects (we use Streamtime)
- Managing the onboarding of new clients to TYC systems
- Taking and typing up minutes in company or client meetings as required
- Monitoring and ordering stationery, office, H&S and kitchen supplies
- Managing studio Health and Safety, carrying out regular H&S checks
- Keeping a high level of tidiness, cleanliness and appearance around all areas of the office
- Managing and maintaining the photocopier (submitting readings, calling on tech support and ordering cartridges)
- Regular updates of TYC website and social channels (we use WordPress and Hootsuite)
- Occasional writing copy and submitting content for awards and press
- Working in Xero and DEXT (accounting, receipts and bookkeeping software) to raise sales invoices, create quotes, manage company expenses and conduct bank reconciliation
- Collating any financial paperwork for handover to the finance team
- General jobs and any other activities that are required to keep the office running smoothly
Applicants must have the following experience for this role:
- Exceptionally good organising skills
- Willingness to help and organise others
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Experience of Gmail and google calendar management
- Experience in customer service and office administration
- Friendly and persuasive with a charming telephone manner
- Good knowledge of online accounting / bookkeeping software
- Good knowledge of expense management
- Experience of business accounting and finance, raising and chasing invoices
- Excellent English written skills (spelling and grammar)
- Apple Mac user
The type of person that we are looking to fill this role is:
- Process driven and has good attention to detail
- Up-beat, can-do attitude
- Happy to turn their hand to anything
- Flexible and happy to help and support the wider team
- Ability to remain discreet and private
- Logical and grounded with good use of common sense
The role will be based in our London Bridge studio with working hours of 08:30 to 18:00, Monday to Friday.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- A-levels In English, Business, Marketing desirable.
- Design studio experience is preferential or indeed some experience or passion for the creative sector would be a bonus
Please send us your portfolio and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Studio Assistant’.